Saturday, February 26, 2011

Too much stuff, not enough time

Sometimes I feel like I am always running around doing errands, taking the girls to their activities, never slowing down.

Mondays are piano night. I work until 4:30, pick the girls up from daycare at 5, try to have a quick dinner, and then rush to piano lessons, which start at 6. Class ends at 6:30, then I have to start Kylie on her homework, get Sophie ready for bed, make Steve dinner.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays there are no evening activities, but I work both those days, so when I get home with the girls around 5 p.m. I have to make dinner, do dishes, laundry, pack lunches for the following day, etc.

Thursdays I am off work, but Sophie has dance class at 3:30. This is not a convenient time, as Kylie gets off the bus at 3:30. The dance studio is 5 minutes from home, so what I do is drive Sophie to class around 3:15, leave her with the instructor, and go back home to wait for Kylie to get off the bus. Then Kylie and I drive back to the dance studio to wait for Sophie's class to finish. We then drive home, eat dinner, do homework, and then Kylie's dance class starts at 5:30-6:15. After that it's Brownies at 6:45 - 8 p.m.

Nothing on Fridays.

Saturdays it's Chinese dance class from 1-2 p.m. It's across town, about 35 minutes away.

And then there's other things that are thrown in, like Kylie having to stand outside the grocery store for 3 hours with her Brownie troop, selling cookies. Or trying to earn an animal-care badge for Brownies by volunteering at a horse farm. And the PTO meetings, volunteering for the school movie night, bell choir practice at the church. It's never-ending. And, it will get worse once Sophie is older and starts doing more.

1 comment:

Nai-Nai said...

You're making my head spin. Slow down.