Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday


This week I received the professional photos I had taken of Kylie and Sophie at Chinese New Year's. I was pleasantly surprised that they cropped the photo a little (which it needed) and they made Kylie look like she was wearing lipstick and blush (which she was not).
The sicknesses have left our home for now. Sophie is no longer on antibiotics. My sore throat is getting better. Poor Kylie, she's always had asthma issues. At times, mostly at night, she coughs so hard that she vomits. Last night this happened. She threw up about 5 times. As soon as I would removed the soiled bed sheets and put new ones on, she would vomit again (which reminds me, I need to buy some more bed sheets). She finally fell asleep at 2 in the morning. Today she's better after a few nebulizer breathing treatments.
Sophie and I had fun today while Kylie was at school. We went to Grandview Outlet, which is in the building of an old grocery store. The store buys out salvage from places like Target, K-mart and Sears and drastically reduces the price. I had a store credit to use. Today I bought 3 pairs of shoes for Kylie, pajama pants for Kylie, pants for Sophie, a down vest jacket for myself and some shaving cream for $30! The shoes had the Target tag on them reading $14.99...I got them for $3.99 a pair. The vest had a $40 price tag....I got it for $2.99. I love a good bargain!
After Grandview, Sophie was hungry and wanted KFC. She had an entire order of popcorn chicken and three (yes, 3) orders of mashed potatoes and gravy! That girl can eat! Which is funny because she's so tiny.
After lunch we went back to the house to play "Preschool." When I was at Sam's Club once, I bought a preschool workout that Sophie loves to work on. Today she did several pages, and then I decided to teach her how to start reading. We started working on letters and the sound they make. By the end of our session, I taught her how to read the words: red, blue, cat, dog, go, good, egg, do, be & the. She's really smart. She already knows how to spell most of the colors, including orange.
Despite having Sophie with me all day, I got a lot done around the house, including several loads of laundry, completely washing down the inside of the fridge, cleaning the bathroom, and vacuuming. I also took her grocery shopping tonight. For dinner I made cheese-stuffed ravioli with tomato sauce and salad.
Tonight Kylie is at a birthday party/sleepover at her friend LiLi's house. For the party they are going to a pottery place to paint their own dish. Afterwards Kylie is supposed to sleep at LiLi's house. I say "supposed to" because Kylie's never slept an entire night at a friend's house. She usually gets homesick and we pick her up at night. We'll see how she does tonight. Most likely Steve will end up picking her up around 11 p.m.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Wow you got a LOT done! Sophie does sound like a very smart girl!