Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas Shopping





















Last week I received the big Toys R Us Christmas catalog. Their sale started Oct 31st. They had a $10 coupon when you spend $100, $10 Toys R Us gift card when you spend $75 and I had a $3 gift card that they sent for Kylie's birthday. In addition, they had a lot of "free" stuff (like a free Barbie trunk when you spend $50 on Barbie items).

The store opened at 9 a.m. I arrived at 8:45 and there were already 10 people crowded outside by the door. When the doors opened a few people grabbed carts and literally ran through the store. It was crazy. I was prepared with a list and had gone there the night before (we were eating at the Olive Garden next door) so I pretty much knew where everything was located.

All in all, after coupons and such, I paid $234 which I think was pretty good for both girls. I bought the Imaginarium glitter dollhouse for both of them. Originally I was considering the Barbie Townhouse but it's made of plastic and received poor reviews (flimsy construction). Then I found this Imaginarium house which is made of wood, got great reviews, and is $50 less than the Barbie Townhouse! It has an elevator, stairs and furniture. I also bought some Barbie and Ken dolls.


For Kylie I bought the Animal Planet sea life since she loves sharks. Toys R Us gave me a free box of dinosaurs with it. I bought her the Barbie Fashionista carriage so the store gave me a free Barbie trunk (normally $24.99). I also bought her a Bingo game.
For Sophie I bought her a Playdoh kitchen set, a Lalaloopsy doll (THE hot toy this year, and she's been talking about it), and a tic tac toe set. I still need to buy stocking stuffers for them but for the most part their gifts are done!

No comments: