Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm back!

It's been 9 months since my last post. I stopped doing the blog thing because I was updating my status on Facebook instead. Now that Facebook is going through many changes I am questioning the privacy/security thing, so I've deted my Facebook account and I'm back to blogging.

My days are hectic and always filled with things to do. On Tuesdays I take both girls to piano from 6:30 to 7:30. Kylie's been taking piano for almost 2 years now and she's really good. I'm amazed at how quickly she plays her scales and how she catches on. Sophie, on the other hand, is mediocre. She does not like to practice and cries when I correct her. She frustrates easily. The other night I got fed up with it and told her I was pulling her out of piano, which made her cry even more. She said she doesn't want to quit and I'm not sure if it's because she enjoys it, or because the teacher gives her a piece of candy at the end of each lesson.

On Wednesdays I take the girls to Kylie's gymnastic practice. Both girls are in gymnastics and both used to have practice on Thursdays, but recently Kylie made the level 4 team so her practices are now on Wednesdays. Sophie tried out, but did not make the team so her practice is still on Thursdays. Kylie's practice increased from 1 hour to 2 hours, so Sophie and I do errands while Kylie is at gymnastics.

Friday night is "open gym" where both girls can practice what they've learned in class. Saturday is Chinese dance for Kylie, but right now it's on a brief hiatus until March.

Here's a summary of a typical week:
Monday - work
Tuesday - work, then piano
Wednesday - work, then gymnastics
Thursday - gymnastics
Friday - open gym
Saturday - Chinese dance
Sunday - nothing, except Brownie meeting one Sunday a month

No comments: