Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sick

One month into 2011 and there's already been a lot going on.

I was sick a few weeks ago. Sophie was sick two weeks ago. Kylie has been sick since Saturday. And late last night, Sophie became sick again. I am lucky in a sense because this is the first time in the 7 years we've been a family that BOTH girls have been sick at the same time.

Did I mention there's an ice storm here in Indiana. Freezing rain turned to ice. Our neighborhood is hilly and no one can go up their driveways. Everyone's parked on the street. Some tree limbs broke off and are scattered on our driveway. Luckily there has been no damage to the house, and no power outages (though the lights did flicker several times).

Icestorm = no satellite reception = no television = hours and hours of "Bubble Guppies," a cartoon on Nickelodeon that I had taped. I think the girls have watched 7 hours of Bubble Guppies today.

It is pitiful when they are sick. Both girls have high temperatures. Sophie's highest was 104.1. Kylie's highest was 103.8. Both are coughing. I'm particularly worried about Kylie because she has asthma. Thank goodness I stocked up on medicines two weeks ago when Sophie was sick.

I missed an entire week of work. I told my boss that if the girls are still sick next week I'm still coming in to work...Steve can watch the girls, my shift is OVER!!!







1 comment:

Ruth said...

I hope they're both feeling better soon!!!